Hi my name is Joe Gonyea and I have been professionally tattooing since 2008. I currently work at Eternal Tattoos in Clawson and I am in from Sunday-Thursday. When I’m not tattooing I enjoy spending my time with my amazing family and pets. In the evening downtime I like to draw, paint and catch up on drawings for clients.
Throughout my career I have been interested in American traditional and Japanese traditional tattoos. Over the years my style has evolved and now I mainly focus on Black and grey/dot work and Traditional Japanese as well. I have found that more of my clients have preferred black and grey in the last few years so this has something I have been transitioning in more of. I mainly specialize in Black and grey but I can do all sorts of different styles.
If you have any further questions regarding a tattoo or the design you have in mind, please contact me and I’ll be happy to help answer as best as I can. Please allow 24-72 hours for a response through email. I appreciate all of your support and how much interest everyone has in my work. I am really grateful to be able to create all the fun pieces I receive from clients, and I look forward to helping you design your next piece of art.
Thank you for considering me for your next tattoo!
All custom work is done on an hourly basis, prices vary depending on size, detail and placement of the tattoo.
A deposit is required to schedule the tattoo appointments, the deposit amount will also vary on the size, detail and number of sessions needed to complete the tattoo.
Deposits are non-refundable and will come off the total price
or last session of the tattoo. If you need to reschedule your appointment
please do so with at least 48 hour notice or you lose your deposit
and will therefore need to leave another deposit.
If you do cancel your appointment all deposits are non-refundable as well.
For larger pieces it is best to set a consultation before booking the appointment to discuss your ideas, the placement of the tattoo and any references you may have.
All consultations can be set up through the shop or Zoom/FaceTime, all depending your comfort level and how far you have to drive.
I prefer to have consultations in person to trace out the location for the tattoo.
If you are unable to have a consultation in person, I can arrange a consultation through FaceTime to go over any further details. Please give an in depth description with as much detail as possible. This helps me get a better idea of what you want to do so I can execute the design to the best of my ability and to make sure you are fully happy with the end result.
Please keep in mind that you must be off of any antibiotics 7 days prior to being tattooed
1. There are many ways to heal a tattoo, but this is the way I prefer and have found works the best.
2. Remove bandage at home two hours after tattoo was completed.
3. Wash tattoo with warm water and anti-bacterial soap such as dial only using your hands to wash the tattoo, DO NOT use a wash cloth or loofah.
4. Make sure to wash the tattoo thoroughly and remove all the ointment and blood during this process. If any blood is left in the pores of the tattoo it may tend to cause the tattoo to harden up and scab.
5. Blot the tattoo dry with a clean towel and let air dry for one hour.
6. Once dry and clean, apply non-scented lotion such as "Aveeno, Lubridem or Curel" to the tattoo by massaging it into the pores of the tattoo.
7. Repeat this process twice a day until the tattoo is done peeling. Through the week if the tattoo gets "dry, tight or itchy" wash the tattoo as the above is stated and apply lotion as needed.
Do not pick, peel or scratch your tattoo while it is healing.
Do not swim, tan or soak your tattoo for 3-4 weeks.
Please keep in mind that your new tattoo is an open wound for the first few days, and a lot of time and effort goes into the process to make sure you get what you want. How you take care of your tattoo while it heals will determine how it looks in the end, so please be sure to follow these guidelines to guarantee the best possible results.
All work is guaranteed, the mission is for you to be completely happy with your new tattoo so any touch ups if needed are free of charge. If you have any questions or concerns regarding your tattoo, feel free to call the shop or email anytime.
Copyright © 2022 Joey G Tattoos - All Rights Reserved.